- Count View : 40
- Doi: 10.22034/bahareadab.2023 .16 .7027
Journal of the stylistic of Persian poem and prose
volume Number 16، number In Volume 7، ، issue Number 89
Examining the structural and content methods of description in historical texts (Case study: Tarikh Jahangosha and Tarikh Vassaf al-Hazrah)
Fatemeh Azari Torbat (Author in Charge), Morteza Mohseni , Ahmad Ghanipour Malekshah , Massoud Rouhani
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Description is kind of linguistic action that can be present in any kind of discourse, whether literary or historical. The appearance and formal features and characteristics of the description provide the possibility to make good use of descriptive statements in the analysis of historical texts. The main purpose of this essay is to show the types of description in artificial prose based on the theory of description in the two books Tarikh Jahangosha and Tarikh Vassaf. METHODOLOGY: In this research, it has been tried to examine and cite enough examples and evidences from the two works of Tarikh Jahangosha and Tarikh Vassaf. The method of the present research will be done by following the method of structuralisms and the authors have tried to avoid mere compliance in the methodical control of this method. FINDINGS: The result of this research shows that in Jahangosha history and Vassaf history, we are faced with a variety of descriptive statements that the authors have used description not only for decoration but also to make the text artistic and to induce content. CONCLUSION: The results of the research show that the special narration of Jahangosha"s history and Vassaf history of historical events have changed these two authors status from historians to literary artists. By using description as a stylistic component in the form of structural descriptions (short, detailed and long, implicit, explicit, obvious) and also paying attention to the rhetorical aspects of the image, these two writers (historians)have been able to remove the propositions of the historical narrative from pure narration and artistic aspects. and increase its literature with the help of description.
description , history. Tarikh Jahangosha. Tarikh Vassaf. Describology
- Ahmadi Shaikhlar. Ahmad. (2017). “Describology in literature based on twenty works of Persian literature. Doctoral dissertation in the field of Persian language and literature”. Mazandaran University.
- Babaie. Parviz. (2012). Philosophical schools. Tehran: Negah, p. 707.
- Basirzadeh. Elham and others. (2011). “Examining description and its prominent functions in the novel”. literature study Number nineteen. pp. 77-103.
- Fotoohi Rood Mo’ajani. Mahmoud. (2005). “The Classic image”. Art Quarterly. No. 64. pp. 21-30.
- Ibn Rashiq. (1955). Al-Omdeh in the virtues of poetry, manners and criticism. Research: Mohammad Mohiuddin. Cairo, p. 296.
- Joveini. Ata'malek. (2021). Tarikh-e-jahangosha, Correction: Habiboalah Ababbasi and Iraj Mehraki. Tehran: Zavvar.
- Martin. Wallace. (2013). Narrative theories. Translation: Mohammad Shahba. Tehran: Hermes, p. 42. 14. Mortazavi. Seyed Jamaluddin. (2009). “Narrative process in Akhawan poetry”. Quarterly magazine of Faculty of Literature and Human Sciences. forth year. No. 14 and 15. pp. 187-195.
- Rezvanian. Qudsiyeh and Ahmadi Shikhlar. Ahmad. (2016). “Description in the story of Rostam and Sohrab”. Scientific-Research Quarterly of Persian Language and Literature Research. Number 44. pp. 1-36.
- Sadat Hosseini. Razie Sadat and Mirzaei, Farmarz. (2013). “The functions of description in the novel "during the departure of al-Jesr”. Arabic language and literature magazine. Number 11. pp. 1-26.
- Shamisa. Siroos. (2008). Prose stylistics. Fifth Edition. Tehran: Mitra, p. 43.
- Sistani, Fatemeh and others. (2022). “Description and its linguistic and literary functions in contemporary fiction, a study: Tangsir by Sadegh Chubak and Boof Koor by Sadegh Hedayat”, Scientific Journal of Persian Prose Style (Bahar Adab), Volume 15, Number 82, pp. 207-187.
- Vassaf. Shahaboddin Abdollah. (1959). The history of Vassaf al-Hazara. Transcript by Mahdi Esfahani. Tehran: Roshdie press.
- Vassaf. Shahaboddin Abdullah. (2020). Tajziyat ol-amsar Va Tazjiyat ol- ‘asar (Tarikh-e-Vassaf). corrected by Alireza Nicnejad. Thran: Mirmah press.
- Vassaf. Shahabuddin Abdullah. (2009). The history of Vassaf al-Hazara. Introduction, correction and suspension: Alireza Hajiannejad. Tehran: Tehran University Press.
- Zarrinkoob. Abdul Hossein. (1989). History of Iran after Islam. Tehran: Alborz, p. 49.